Secrets of Learning Languages with Lydia Machova
THE BLUE TREE
How to Learn
Answer these questions. Listen to a model answer (if it is available) and see if there’s anything you would like to add to your own opinion.
- How many languages do you speak?
- Do you like learning languages?
- What are the advantages of knowing many languages?
watch the video
- How does Lydia feel about learning a language?
- How many languages does she speak?
- Who did she talk to about learning languages?
- What did she find out after talking to other polyglots?
- How did she learn Spanish and German?
- What’s the first key to learning languages?
watch the video
- What is the second key to language learning?
- What does Lydia mean when she said we need to have a system?
- Why is patience important?
- What do the stories of Benny and Lucas illustrate?
Cast your vote in the poll below.
Download a mind-map with ideas of methods for learning languages.
What methods would you add to it?
Weekly Learning Plan is a practical template for self-disciplined students who want to track their learning.
It contains a lot of ideas of what you could do to improve your English.
Secrets of learning languages
|don't mind||nie mieć nic przeciwko|
|it dawned on me||oświeciło mnie|
|sure enough||jak można było oczekiwać, faktycznie|
|remember vividly||pamiętać wyraźnie|
|take into your own hands||wziąć sprawy w swoje ręce|
|to give up||poddać się|
MY ENGLISH DICTIONARY
Store your words and expressions in this handy dictionary. You can create groups and play games based on your entries. There is also a practical importing feature.
Add new and interesting words from this lesson to your English dictionary.
You must log in to see content.
What is your experience with learning languages? How did you learn English? Which methods or systems have you tested and can recommend?
Share your views and experience here.