THE BLUE TREE
THE THEORY OF SEVEN
It has been proven that for people to remember new information they need to interact with it at least seven times.
This lesson puts this theory to the test. You will learn seven new vocabulary items using seven different types of activities.
If the theory is true, you should be able to understand and comfortably use seven practical, everyday English phrasal verbs.
1. Go through the flashcard game below to see all the phrasal verbs you will learn in this lesson.
2. Play this Wordwall matching game. Match the phrasal verb with its definition.
3. Now complete these sentences with the right phrasal verbs.
4. Listen to these sentences. Which phrasal verb do you hear? Choose it from the drop down list.
5. In this activity you have to write down the correct phrasal verb. Make sure you put it in the correct grammatical form.
6. This activity will check if you remember how to spell these seven phrasal verbs.
7. Finally, write your own sentences with these phrasal verbs and post them below.