THE BLUE TREE
- Which question do you find most difficult during a job interview?
- Do you think it is better to prepare your answers to typical interview questions or just go with the flow?
- What can a candidate do to leave a good impression on the interviewers?
Watch the video. What is the key idea behind this management tip?
Nail Your Answer to “Why Do You Want to Work Here”?
Sometimes the toughest job interview questions are also the simplest and most direct. One you should always expect to hear and definitely prepare for: “Why do you want to work here?” Here are three approaches to try when answering this common interview question:
• Express your passion for the employer’s product, service, or mission. Prepare a clear and honest explanation for why you personally connect with the organization’s purpose. You might say something like, “X is very important to me in both my professional and personal life because I strongly believe in Y.”
• Explain why you would enjoy the responsibilities of the role. Make the connection between job and joy clear. For example, you might say, “Analyzing data has always been fun for me — the challenge of using numbers to tell a story and 1. convey an idea — and I look forward to the data visualization work we’ll be doing on this team.
• Describe how you see yourself 2. succeeding in the role, given your skills and experience. The organization isn’t just looking to hire you; they’re looking to invest in you. Use phrases like, “Given my experience, I can see myself succeeding in X,” or “I look forward to using my skills to 3.accomplish Y.”
This tip is adapted from “How to Answer ‘Why Do You Want to Work Here?’,” by Joel Schwartzberg
odnieść sukces, powieźć się
- Which question should we always expect to hear during a job interview?
- How can we express passion to the employer’s product, service, or mission?
- Why do you think it is important to prepare an honest answer to this question?
- How can we make a connection between the job and joy?
- What can we say to persuade the interviewer to invest in us?